Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Misfit

I was loitering at the climbing store on Terrebonne Street
When a man named Misfit I would meet
He lived in a windowless van with no seat
He looked weathered, wobbly, and a little offbeat

He could talk about history with no end in sight
Yosemite, Roosevelt, Muir, that's right
The guy behind the counter thought I would leave out of fright
But this was my most memorable Friday night

The next thing that happened was actually kind of eerie
It was the only time the entire night I felt a little leery

Misfit peered straight into my core
Why is he not talking anymore?
I felt like I should head for the door

Then something beside me gave me a poke
Something inside me fully awoke
I was sitting straight up when he finally spoke,

"When you have reached your climbing goal,
Do you think that will fix your broken Soul?"

Thank you Misfit and Lucas

1 comment: