Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hard For Me

Deep down I believe it
Now it is time for me to achieve it
But after the fourth round
I still couldn't get off the ground

I kept trying and trying
To the point of almost crying
On my tenth try I was near the top
Then I heard my finger pop

I signaled to my belayer I wanted down
I was trying hard to hide my frown
"You are tough with your stuff," he yelled up
He doesn't know what was done to me when I was a pup

I felt dead
Wouldn't make progress if I crawled into bed
Tape kept coming off my finger still bled
"One more try," I finally said

The guy who wrote the guidebook rate
I think he was in an altered state
I am too green and not so lean
To be able to climb 5.13

I must have strayed from the original line
Maybe at some crags this is a crime
Anyway you look at it, I made the climb mine


Thanks for the belay, DB

No comments:

Post a Comment