Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dung Watching Society

We paddled our kayaks on Lake B C
Through all the people who water ski
Paddled some more, past the bridge
I could hardly wait to get to the ridge
Encrypted in the rocks was a glass of wine
That's where I marked the starting line

It was still morning and getting hotter
What is it like to have the lake be your spotter?
Looking at the condition of the water
I think I would prefer Sonnie Trotter

Was it really safe to swim in this lake?
I think I saw something that resembled a rake
Plastic bottles, oily pools
Wouldn't be surprised if I saw floating stools

Not only did this create an eye sore
But there were also crass people galore
I remember the drunk guy in the truck
Did he really just call me a terrible fuck?
Did he not like my kayak without an engine?
Did I spook him by talking in Hawaiian pidgin'?

Unlucky how some people manage their fear
By yelling in someone else's ear
I guess that's why they own guns here

All my excitement was not true
Now I was just feeling blue
I feel surrounded by people who hate
Don't want to catch what they have, but is it too late?

Society's behavior has taken its toll
This is definitely not how I want to roll
When I think about the future, I am at a loss
Our once beautiful world will eventually turn to choss

Thanks DB, ST, YC, SB, and CG. The Dawg Pound chased Stray Cat up the cliff!

No comments:

Post a Comment