Friday, February 20, 2009

A Great Day at the Park

I started climbing at Smith without a rack nor a clue
My harness and biner were shiny and new
In the Park I was green, deep down I was blue

On the second to the last day in May
There was no sign of a storm like the previous day
The weather was nice and I was ready to play!

My guide was half man and half mountain goat
Over the rocks he seemed to float
He even saddled all the gear to tote

He guided me up Monkey Face
We did it in a rapid pace
But the bolt ladder I did not race

We ate a snack when we got to the top
The panoramic view did not stop
I looked down below us it was quite a drop

Then Pluto and Zonkers on TR
I was ready for my Solstice goji bar
What? That did not count as a send?
You did not lead it. Do you comprehend?

Both ways covered the same vertical stair
But in the event that you catch some air
One was safe, the other a dare

The unforgettable day went by too fast
It was nice for a moment to forget my past
I hoped this incredible feeling would last

Thanks DP for giving me a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment