Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Visit from Chris

'Twas the day before Solstice
When all through the crag
Every creature was aroused
Even the one-eyed white stag

The route was all set
Bolt hangers flush, not one spinner
So excited were the locals
They couldn't eat dinner

Then in an instant
I heard a car engine
"He's here! He's here!"
I danced, scaring the pigeon

His eyes --- how they twinkled!
His dimples --- how merry
He offered me a Haagen Dazs
I said, "No, thanks. I don't eat dairy."

He spoke not a word
He went straight to his work
He seemed full of passion
Why do some think he's a jerk?

He didn't have any chalk
So typical of a pretty boy
"Here, try this.
I made it from soy."

With a nod and a smile
Up the wall he rose
He looked beautiful and silly
With chalk on his nose

No comments:

Post a Comment