Thursday, April 30, 2009

Partners


Call it Hawaiian affection, I have the gene
I don't climb with people who are terribly mean

Being a stray, I must keep my guard up
But if our eyes meet, you will hear a "Wazzup?"

Climbing partners are sometimes hard to find
I've been lucky so far cuz everyone's been kind

The guy who kept calling me "Dude" was wildly tame
He always had his mind on Mary Jane
(I think this is why he kept forgetting my name)

I remember the time I climbed with a serial killer
I thought that 20-foot whipper was the day's only thriller!

Then there was the one who thought she was running from the Feds
But actually she lost track of time and forgot to take her meds

I miss the guy who knew how to tape my hands so they no longer bled
He was a serious pothead, I hope he's not dead

To each and every partner who later became a friend
I will always support your life as if it was me on the sharp end

No comments:

Post a Comment